Indicators of a Phish
Phishing is a type of email-based attack to lure victims into reacting in a risky way. This includes clicking on a malicious link, downloading a malicious attachment, or giving up assets such as login credentials. Here are some indications of a phishing email for you to protect yourself.
- The message contains a mismatched URL.
- The email contains incorrect spelling and grammar.
- The email contains threats or a sense of urgency.
- The email asks for your personal information.
- There are inconsistencies in the email addresses, links, and domain names.
- There is an unfamiliar tone or greeting.
- The recipient did not initiate the action.