Web Community Group
The Web Community Group started in 2013 as a small group to share web accessibility information as part of the CSU Accessibility Technology Initiative. This group meets monthly. As we add other web related topics, and most recently the implementation of OU Campus CMS for SDSU, the membership continues to grow. It is approximately 169 individuals now. The monthly attendance ranges from 30 to 75 people depending on the topic for that month.
To learn SDSU Web Accessibility issues, OU Campus implementation, and other web related topics and updates, faculty and staff are encouraged to join the SDSU Web Community Group.
- Invitations to Website-related meetings with colleagues across campus.
- Get familiar with Accessibility and OU Campus implementation.
- Learn web related topics and training opportunities.
- Participate in discussions by asking or answering questions posed to the group (discussion participation is optional).
- Receive updates: Accessibility Scan/Report deadlines, Compliance Sheriff application updates, ATI Roadmap and Exemption Process, OU Campus Project updates, etc.
- Opportunities to join ad hoc groups to collaborate on aspects of Website decisions.
Web Group Meetings
June 19, 2018
Time: 10 - 11 a.m.
Captioning Requirements & Techniques by Marc Pastor & Jon Rizzo from ITS
Jon Rizzo from ITS will show you how to use HTML 5 and WebVTT files for captioning web video via the element. He will discuss the differences between subtitles, open captions, and closed captions. He will also share captioning syntax/style guide recommendations by the National Foundation for the Deaf. Time permitting, details will be given in regard to workflows and procedures when outsourcing captioning to Automatic Sync Technologies (AST) – the CSU’s contracted captioning vendor.
- Updates (ATI, OU Campus, SharePoint)