Protect your email and your private messages by following these steps:
- Use a strong password.
- Use uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Change your password frequently.
- Be aware of using public PCs.
- Be sure that if you are using a computer in a public place that you logout when you are finished.
- Protect your email address.
- Be aware of where your email is displayed.
- Do not include emails in blog posts or social media posts.
- Lock up.
- Lock up your desktop or laptop and close your email clients when you walk away from your desk.
- Keep your data safe by using encryption and storing encrypted files.
- Encryption transforms your data into unreadable format that should only be deciphered by a passphrase.