Social Media Protection
For any social media account, always check your privacy settings and modify them to your preferences. Do not give out information such as social security, bank account information, or financial information to social media sites. Be aware of the contacts and friends that you add on social media sites.
- Use Facebook privacy shortcuts and settings.
- Be aware of logging into devices that are not yours and remember to logout.
- Habitually customize and check your privacy settings.
- Report any suspicious activity you see on Facebook.
- More information can be found on the Facebook Help Site.
- Review your posts, photos, and videos before posting. Only post to the location that you want.
- Learn how social media is able to contain knowledge of your location without you knowing. Learn how to disable these location features.
- More information can be found on the Twitter Help Center.
- Make sure to review who is able to view your posts.
- Use the private profile settings.
- More information can be found on the Instagram Help Center.
- Visit the Privacy and Safety Settings to manage your Youtube account.
- More information can be found on the LinkedIn Help Center.