Data Lake Pilot
Analysis and Reporting from Multiple Data Sources
Provides a unified architecture for data analysis and reporting.
The project reduces manual data entry and provides academic affairs and human resources with normalized, standardized and consistent data and reports. Provides data for San Diego State University’s collective bargaining, resources and faculty personnel management needs.
Goals / Deliverables
- Develop a comprehensive mapping of data elements from FDB77, FIN, OnBase and PeopleSoft HR and the Chancellor's Office HR data warehouse focused on faculty personnel and hiring. This mapping should identify overlap and gap between each system to define opportunities for creating one system of record.
- A data dictionary of all appropriate elements. In the process pilot iData Data Cookbook as a common data dictionary tool.
- A prioritized inventory of required Tableau reports for the management of collective bargaining obligations and faculty management by SDSU's Academic Affairs Resource Management and Faculty Advancement as well as Human Resources.
- Automated processes with appropriate audit controls to move data between OnBase and other required reporting systems including PeopleSoft HR.
- Eliminate manual data entry in preference for the use of APIs and other machine interactions to support data movement across systems.
- Technical cloud‐based architecture and appropriate software tools, designed in alignment with the CSU Chancellor's Office data lake (AWS RedShift), to create a system of record for required reporting for SDSU and CSU system.
- Elimination and retirement of legacy systems.
|Alex Delino||IT Division - IT Infrastructure and Operations|
|Cyndie Winrow||IT Division - Administrative Information Systems|
|Pavan Chinthapanti||IT Division - Administrative Information Systems|
|Pavani Katam||IT Division - Administrative Information Systems|
|Jeff Henson||IT Division - Administrative Information Systems|
|Mary Anne Kremicki||Academic Affairs Resource Management|
|Sem Tran||Academic Affairs Resource Management|
|Jeanne Stronach||Analytic Studies & Institutional Research|
|Alex Wilson||Analytic Studies & Institutional Research|
|Cris Manlangit - Consultant||Analytic Studies & Institutional Research|
|Devon Cauteray||Center for Human Resources|
|Heidi Poon||Center for Human Resources|
|Shahriyar Dadkhah||Center for Human Resources|
|Marcus Jeffers||Data Architecture|
|Jonathan Santos||Data Architecture|
|Tommy Duong||Data Architecture|
|Kyle Krick||Data Architecture|