In alignment with the SDSU Strategic Plan priorities Resilience. Designed to Thrive and Students at Our Core, the goal of the my.SDSU project is to enhance the university's ability to serve students, faculty and staff by leveraging one of the leading enterprise student information system platforms in higher education.
The University has been using a collection of distributed, home-grown systems developed over the last two decades to support the University’s enterprise information systems needs in support of the University’s mission to provide quality education, experience, and service to students, faculty and staff. After considering the operational cost of maintaining home-grown systems, and the impact to the institution should these systems fail, the University determined to collectively replace these systems with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 / CSU CMS (Common Management Systems) Baseline with the Fluid User Interface for student self-service.
Project Approach & Deliverables
In April 2021, the project is continuing with a new implementation partner -- Huron Consulting Group. With Huron, we are beginning with an initial focus on information gathering to understand
our progress to date with a focus on targeted intentionality, increased communication
and overall inclusion across the university.
Discovery: The goals of this phase include reviewing the activities that have already been completed and the progress made on this project to date supplying a clear framework for how the project will continue to completion.
Design & Configure: The goals of this phase include completing the outstanding design and configuration work that was identified during the Discovery phase.
Validate: The goals of this phase include conducting preliminary testing to verify that the planned configuration and business processes are as expected.
Transition & Realize: The goals of this phase include deploying the new system and to effectively manage the transition from implementation to stabilization.
Campus coordination and integration will be centered around the student experience and lifecycle and continuously involve the engagement of key people in the transformation journey.
Knowledge transfer starts on day one of the project and occurs each day through both formal and informal methods that
are quantified and monitored.
We are targeting a completion date of May 2022 for the fall 2022 term. Over the next 60 days, we will begin where we left off and evaluate progress-to-date and assess the proposed
timeline. We will also utilize this time for the my.SDSU and Huron teams to develope
a common foundation and framework on project approach and best practices.
- Hector Ochoa - Co-Chair, Provost and Senior Vice President
- Jerry Sheehan - Co-Chair, CIO and Vice President for Information Technology
- Amanda Fuller - University Senate Representative
- Agnes Wong Nickerson - Interim Vice President for Business & Financial Affairs
- Christian Holt - Associated Students President
- Christy Samarkos - Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- David Ely - Associate Dean for the Fowler College of Business
- Ed Balson - Interim Dean for Graduate Affairs
- Jeanne Stronach - Assistant Vice President for Analytic Studies & Institutional Research
- Henry Villegas - Interim Dean of Student for SDSU Imperial Valley
- Radhika Seshan - Dean for SDSU Global Campus
- Rose Pasenelli - Assistant Vice President for Student Financial Management
- Stefan Hyman - Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Andy Bohonak - Associate Dean or Graduate and Research Affairs
- Chip Pierce - Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Christine Molina - Director of Advising & Evaluation
- Joe Wolfman Associate Dean of SDSU Global Campus
- Matias Farre - Assistant Controller
- Sabrina Cortel - Director of Admissions
- Stephanie Anderson - Registrar
- Cyndie Winrow - Senior Director of Administrative Information Systems
- DaMonique Sampson - Project Manager of CMS Application Development @ CSU Chancellors Office
- Jeff Wal - Manager of Financial System Management and Analysis
- Kristina Moller - Business Analyst and SIMS/R Lead for Student Information Systems
- Kyle Farace - Associate Director of Administrative Information Systems
- Matt Brown - Director of IT for SDSU Graduate Affairs
- Meng Phuong - Director of IT for SDSU Global Campus
- Mikhail Burstein - Software Architect for Student Information Systems
- Neal Linson - Chief Data Architect
- Steve Thorsen - Associate Director of Student Information Systems
- Stu Smith - WebPortal Lead for Student Information Systems
- Laura Zimmermann - Executive Sponsor
- Susan Garland - Project Manager
- Kathy Bader - Change Management Lead
- Chris Lewis - Technical Lead
- Ravi Narla - Student Financials Lead
- George Salas - Integration Lead & CS Developer
- Ayman Omar - Conversions Lead
- Mark Leenhouts - Student Records, Advising Lead
- Marcos Veloz - Admissions Lead
- Jean Healy - Financial Aid Lead
- Jorge Paneto - Student Records SME
- Kelsey Mjaanes - Project Coordinator
- Palak Bhandari - Change Management SME