Deploy new page templates in Omni CMS (OU Campus) to improve compliance with web accessibility guidelines and promote consistent visual branding across campus websites.
The Web Alignment Project will "produce a modern, accessible site that takes advantage of current front-end technologies, provides a superior user experience on mobile and tablet, and strategically communicates the value and academic excellence of SDSU while also providing an efficient and intuitive user experience." (Source: Web Alignment RFP)
The increased adoption of the Omni CMS and use of new web page templates support the following goals:
- Improve compliance with web accessibility guidelines.
- Align visual branding across campus websites.
- Simplify management and support of websites via a common platform.
- New page designs
- Sitemaps, wireframes
- Content inventory
- Functional specifications
- New page templates
- New OU module templates, including faculty listing, blogs, calendar
- Migration of three OU sites to new template
- Migration scripts and documentation
Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of New Templates
- 2020 Q1-Q3: Design of new templates by iFactory
- 2020 Q4: Development of new templates and modules by OmniUpdate
- 2021 Q1: User Acceptance Testing of new templates in Omni CMS
Rollout of New and Migrated Websites with New Templates
- 2021 Q1: Final configuration of new templates in Omni CMS
- 2021 Q2: Rollout of new SDSU homepage and landing pages
- 2021 Q2: Completion of OU-assisted site migrations
|Site Design||Final team meeting w/ iFactory||A / R||C||A / R||I|
|Develop new site designs||C||C||A / R||I|
|Deliver completed site designs to OU||C||C||A / R||I|
|OU Development||Define project scope||R||R||--||A|
|Execute contract and payment||A||R||--||C|
|Receive site designs from iFactory||C||C||I||A / R|
|Define technical scope||C||C||--||A / R|
|Develop templates||C||C||--||A / R|
|Perform User Acceptance Testing||R||R||--||A|
|Deliver templates||C||C||--||A / R|
- Responsible: People or stakeholders who do the work.
- Accountable: Person or stakeholder who is the "owner" of the work.
- Consulted: People or stakeholders who need to give input before the work can be done and signed-off on.
- Informed: People or stakeholders who need to be kept "in the picture."